Saturday, June 16, 2018

Yeah I’m Dear Dad,

Yes, I am ok, as if you've ever asked๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚

I want to say happy Father’s Day to the man that gave me his DNA. You have never and will never know the blessing of having me as a son. By virtue of your actions I know I’ve been blessed not to have you in my life. I’ve accepted the fact that God protected me from the toxicity of any relationship that would make me feel like I was not loved and wanted. I want to let you know today God has and is setting me free from the pain and rejection that caused me to make so many stupid decisions in my life. I just want you to know God is has taken care of me all of my life and has sent special men full of the Holy Ghost to love me and show me who I am and who I will become. God has never missed a football game, prom, graduation or my wedding. I just wanted you to know I am loved and have an amazing wife and 2 1/2 amazing children who adore me. I graduated from high school, college, and graduate school while working full time jobs to support me and my children.  I have an amazing career giving young men and women the love and validation  that you were never strong or whole enough to give me. I don’t hate you anymore I would be lying if I said I wasn’t still a little upset. For a long time I couldn’t understand why you would choose not to be in my life.  I questioned why wasn’t I good enough or smart enough to be accepted as your son? What could I do to earn your love, acceptance, affirmation and affection? Not until now have I realized you not being in my life had nothing to do with me. It was all about you. I don’t know who or what broke you but I am praying for your healing and contending for your deliverance. I pray that you would experience the depth and intensity of God’s love.


I’ve learned it’s a love I don’t have to work for

A love I don’t have to do tricks for

A love I don’t have to people please for

A love I could never earn

A love that I am still learning how to receive, but it’s a love that brings me so much life and joy. Johnnie, I love you and happy Father’s Day.


The Son You Would Be Blessed to Have,

Robert Marshall Jr.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post brother! I was just thinking about my father yesterday and I remember the day I turned 17yrs old. He took me out and bought me an outfit I think we had dinner as well. But what I remembered the most about that day. He apologized for not being there for me when I was younger and a lot more was said. I truly believe God knew needed to hear that from him at that particular time in my life. After that day I had with him I had so much respect for him and men in general. Before that day I use to believe everything that a man promised you was a lie because I was always disappointed by him. After that day he kept his promise to me. We grew closer. He's not here with me anymore but I will always love and respect him for being humble. Robert, you are a great husband, father, mentor, and brother. I thank God for sending men into your life to give you the validation that you need when he didn't have the courage to do. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete